Stay Safe at Global Dance Fest
Posted on: July 12, 2018
Global Dance Family! This year we embark on a grand adventure to our new home at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. As we close in on the final days before the 16th anniversary of Global Dance Festival, we want to give you a list of helpful tips and reminders to keep you going all weekend long and to keep everyone as safe as possible.
1. Drink LOTS of water. 2-days of dancing is a lot of strenuous exercise, and at a higher altitude you require even more water than you normally would, especially if you’re from out of state! The festival will be outside as well so staying hydrated with the summer sun will keep you going from doors to end!
2. While you should prepare for heat, Colorado weather is unpredictable. Make sure to bring clothes or back up items that can withstand rain or any other weather changes that may occur.
3. Eat well before the show! You’ll probably be so excited that food will be the last thing on your mind; but food is fuel and a properly fueled body will result in greater stamina for dancing over the course of the weekend. Food is available at the venue, but eating a hearty meal and snacking on some fruit before you enter is your best bet for going 100% all night long, each night!
4. Wear comfortable shoes. This year our venue has expanded to an even greater area than in the past, so wear insoles or your most comfortable shoes to ensure that your feet are happy as you dance your way through the weekend.
5. Look out for each other! This scene was founded with the principles of Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect. If you see someone that looks like they’re having a hard time, get them some water and get them medical attention. Don’t be worried about getting in trouble, Colorado’s Good Samaritan law exempts anyone helping someone get medical attention from ANY liability.
Don’t forget: you need to Eat & Sleep if you want to Rave & Repeat! We can’t wait to see you all dancing and grooving at Global Dance Festival 2018!