Stay Safe at GDF 2021
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Global Dance Family! We want you all to stay safe and healthy this weekend, and want to remind fans to follow CDC recommendations and guidelines when attending Global Dance Festival. If you are feeling sick, please think of the safety of other attendees and stay home to rest up so you can be back in partying condition ASAP. If you have yet to receive your COVID-19 vaccination, we ask you to wear a mask while on festival grounds to be considerate of those around you while enjoying GDF. All attendees are welcome to wear masks while at GDF and we can’t wait to be dancing with you all this weekend!
As we look forward to the return of Global Dance Festival, we want to give you a list of helpful tips and reminders to keep you going all weekend long and to keep everyone as safe as possible.
1. Drink LOTS of water. Two days of dancing is a lot of strenuous exercise, and at a higher altitude you require even more water than you normally would, especially if you’re from out of state! The festival is outside in the summer sun so staying hydrated will keep you going from start to finish! Free water refill stations are available on the GDF grounds. See the map for details.
2. While you should prepare for heat, Colorado weather is unpredictable. Make sure to bring clothes or back-up items that can withstand rain or any other weather changes that may occur.
3. Eat well before the show! You’ll probably be so excited that food will be the last thing on your mind; but food is fuel, and a properly fueled body will result in greater stamina for dancing over the course of the weekend. Eating a hearty meal and snacking on some fruit before you enter is your best bet for going 100% all weekend long. Don’t forget to stop by the food trucks to refuel while you dance!
4. Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll need appropriate footwear to explore all there is to see on the GDF grounds. Wear insoles or your most comfortable shoes to ensure that your feet are happy as you dance your way through the weekend.
5. Look out for each other! This scene was founded with the principles of Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect. If you see someone that looks like they’re having a hard time, get them some water and medical attention. Don’t be worried about getting in trouble, Colorado’s Good Samaritan law exempts anyone helping someone get medical attention from ANY liability.
Don’t forget: you need to Eat & Sleep if you want to Rave & Repeat!
We can’t wait to see you all dancing and grooving at Global Dance Festival!